Module 8: Wood Utilization and Technology

Results

This person got 9 of 10 possible points.
Total score: 90 %

Question Results

Score 1 of 1

Question:

When sawing a 1-inch board, the carriage setworks must be set to 1-inch plus the width of the saw.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Most softwood lumber is sawn into 2-inch dimension for wood frame house construction.

Response:

True

False

Score 0 of 1

Question:

Hardwood lumber is preferred in long lengths and used primarily for house construction.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Comparing the New Brunswick log scale with actual lumber production is a good measure of sawmill efficiency.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Seasoning checks usually occur during the early stages of kiln drying.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

During kiln drying, wood is often over dried to make sure the core area is sufficiently dry.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

In kiln drying, wood is often over dried to make sure the core area is sufficiently dry.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

In Canada, most veneer is produced by peeling a bolt on a veneer lathe.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Small sawmills usually recover 75% of the log volume as lumber, with the remaining 25% as residue.

Response:

True

False

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Co-generation refers to the production of both electricity and heat, usually from wood residues.

Response:

True

False